The word Kai in Hawaiian means sea and here's what our Kai the Maltipoo is like:
• Loves to be close and in your lap most of all
• Soft and cuddly
• Wonderful companion
• Crate trained
• Knows how to use a doggie door
• Loves to sleep in your bed
• Has pearly white teeth
• Gets along with all the dogs in her foster home
• Smart---knows sit, down, stay, come, and fetches toys and brings them to you
• Treat motivated, so even easier to train new things
• Walks well on a leash
• Weighs only 11.6 lbs.
• Healthy spayed 7 yo
• Hypoallergenic so good for a home where someone has allergies or you don't want a dog that sheds
Here's a video of Kai in her foster's lap:
Kai came from a home. Her owner was 87 years old and could no longer care for herself so had to move in with her daughter and couldn't take her beloved Kai, so Kai was taken to a shelter. The day after she arrived we saw her in a little box looking sad so we decided to get her out of there into a comfy foster home. Kai's owner took great care of her up until the day Kai was brought to the shelter. When Kai entered the shelter she was meticulously groomed and her teeth were pearly white.
The previous owner had Kai for 7 years, Kai's entire adult life, and there were no children in the household. Kai was the only pet in the home and spent her time inside both when her owner was there and when her owner was away. Kai came from a home with a vinyl 5 ft high fenced yard where Kai used to play when she wasn't inside.
Kai is spayed and has all her vaccinations. Her adoption fee is $295 which will be used to pay for spay/neutering, medical treatment, food, & supplies for homeless dogs.